Banana heart has many healthy elements that are helpful for the health. The shape of banana heart is teardrop and it is a purple color flower which can be found at the end of the banana cluster of a banana tree. This flower is also known as banana blossom. The banana heart has similarity with other common vegetables which are very popular. Most of the people think that banana heart is a vegetable but the interesting fact is that banana heart is actually a flower.You can also read 5 Health benefits of palm wine.
Banana Heart Uses
- Banana heart is used widely in the south Asian and Southeast Asian area. The taste of banana heart seems similar to the vegetable named artichoke.
- You can eat palm part of the bracts of artichokes and the heart too. The same thing goes for banana heart too. You can consume banana heart steamed or only raw. You can prepare soup, curries and different fried foods with banana heart to make your meal more delicious. It is not an easy task to clean the banana heart. Cooking banana heart is also not an easy thing.
- As we mentioned above, cooking banana heart is not such an easy task so you have to be very careful to cooking the banana heart. If you can’t cook the banana heart well then you should not cook it with other vegetables. Rather you should cook the banana heart separately.
- If the banana heart is well cooked then you will get a subtle creamy flavor. It should be delicious then.
- Another thing is that if you dry this giant sized purple crimson bud then you will find a spicy taste on it. It will give you a different perception about the banana heart.
Nutritive values of Banana Heart
Banana heart contains a great amount of nutritive properties which are very effective for the growth, function and the development of our body. So obviously the vegetable is an effective vegetable for your health. Here is the list of nutrition of banana heart for each 100g quantity.
- 51 kcal
- 1.6g of Protein
- 553.3 mg of Potassium
- 48.7mg of Magnesium
- 1.07mg of Vitamin E
- 5.7fgof Fiber
- 56mg of Calcium
- 0.6g of Fat
- 9.9g Carbs
- 73.3mg of Phosphorous
- 56.4mg of Iron
- 13mg of Copper
Benefits of Banana Blossom
As banana heart has many nutritive values definitely it is a very effective food for our health. The health benefits of banana heart are described below.
1) Manages anemia
Banana heart contains a good amount of magnesium, potassium and copper. These healthy elements help to manage the anemia disease. So consuming banana heart is better idea to manage anemia.
2) Reduces free radical activity
Cancer is one the most dangerous disease on current world. Free radicals are reasons behind developing cancer. Consuming banana heart can reduce the risk of developing heart disease by decreasing the free radical activity. So to prevent cancer you can eat banana heart regularly.
3) Wards off infections
Banana heart works just like a medicine. Any inflectional issue can be reduced by taking banana heart. So definitely wards off infections is the medicinal characteristic of the banana heart.
4) Boosts mood and reduces anxiety
If you are facing the mood off and anxiety problem then consuming banana heart can be a good solution to solve the problem. It can boost the mood to make you comfortable with the situation. Anxiety creates mental depression. So it creates harm to your mental health. To prevent this or get rid of the anxiety you can take banana heart.
5) Reduces menstrual bleeding
When it is period time girls, a lot of blood comes out from the uterus. This is also the discharge of mucosal tissue from the uterus. Excess of bleeding is not a good sign for the health. Banana heart has such kind of properties that it helps to reduce the menstrual bleeding. So when it the time of period for girls, they can eat banana heart to reduce the flow of bleeding.
So, these are the Banana Heart Benefits and Nutrition Summary briefly. Hopefully, the information will be helpful to you. Obviously, banana heart is good for health as it has plenty nutritive properties. Banana heart benefits and nutritive summary will help you to understand the usefulness of this healthy vegetable.